Tabbouleh style summer salad
I love this recipe because it is very quick to make AND very tasty ! It is very different from a real tabbouleh but it is as fresh as a tabbouleh.
Perfect if you need to bring a meal for a picnic or a barbecue party !
You need :
- 400 gr of cooked Bulgur Wheat, Quinoa And Red Quinoa mix (Tesco‘s for example)
- 480 gr chick peas (can)
- 2 shallots
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 150-200 gr feta
- salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- fresh herbs (coriander, mint and/or chives)
The recipe :
- Cook your Bulgur Wheat, and Quinoa mix. Wait until it is cold.
- Then transfer it to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients : the chick peas, the diced tomatoes and cucumber, the shallot sliced thinly, and the diced feta.
- Add some salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add you favorite fresh herbs (for me, it is coriander and mint for this recipe !)
- Keep in the fridge before eating !
Of course, you can adapt the recipe according to your taste with a lemon dressing or by replacing the quinoa mix by couscous.